Whether children can access a product that could contain a potentially harmful substance and the amount of time it takes for children to get inside the packaging are key factors that dictate whether an exposure occurs, the severity of the outcome, and the design of the packaging. This roundtable session will provide you with an overview of the Poison Prevention Packaging Act: how it works, how it helps, and what you need to know. Expert panelists will:
· detail the scope and origin of the PPPA,
· provide insight to the data around its efficacy in reducing exposures,
· dive into the implementation and application of the PPPA in multiple product categories,
· discuss how special packaging is designed and tested, and
· describe what enforcement may look like if something goes wrong.